It took place at Access Space 30. November 2002. After a theoretical part a jam session over the network started. 8 computers ran different synthesizer patches with a built-in stepsequencer, showing different kinds of well known synthesis.
They were all synced over the network by the Mistress Clock patch, which sends out the actual step number of the 16 step sequencer. In the workshop package you can find following patches:
Some glue stuff is stored in the AccessLib folder. Missing is mainly granular synthesis, soon to come!
- Mistress Clock, the metronome.
You have to modify this patch according your network.
On faster computers you can run the clock and some synthesizer, all connected through Localhost, but they all should have different ports(3000,3001...)! Look inside the patch for more details.
Of course you need to run only one!
- Subtractive Synthesizer, the basic and most common synthesis
- Graphical Synthesizer, simular to above but draw your own waveforms!
- sampling synthesizer
- FM synthesizer
- Formant synthesizer, creating vowls with additive synthesis
- Physical Modelling synthesizer, demonstrating a single waveguide
- Drum synthesizer, at least we want drums. It generates a bass drum, snare and open / closed HH
Download your package as